Limited Battery Life :
Every laptop user these days have the same headache of limited backup time of batteries. As far as your system is new , you will have a good backup time but when it becomes a few months old you will definitely face problem of Limited Battery Life.
So I am Here to give you a solution to increase battery life time.
Read it Carefully :
There is an inbuilt command in your computer to Increase battery life time as well as the performance of the system but not all users are aware of it.
Some laptops directly provide an interface with option termed as “ POWER SAVING MODE ” but if your laptop is old and do not have this feature by default , You Don’t Need to Worry because you can do it manually.
If you have a laptop with Windows 7 installed, you can use the ‘powercfg‘ command . It will display useful information about your laptop’s energy consumption and usage. If you can understand and maintain it correctly then you can extend your Battery Life and performance by great amount.
STEPS TO INCREASE BATTERY LIFE TIME OF LAPTOP:
- Click on the Start Menu and type “ CMD ” in the Start Search bar.
- The search will start and it will display an icon of “ CMD ” . simply right click on it and select Run as administrator.
- It will open command line, now simply run the command “powercfg /energy” ( For window 7 Users ).
- Windows 8 users can Simply run the command “powercfg /energy” without quotes.
- Now Press “Enter”.
Once you successfully execute this command , Windows will run a complete scan of your system and it will find some ways to improve performance and power efficiency.
The results of this process will be saved to an HTML file, which is commonly present in the “System32” folder of the systems.
To access this file, simply follow the path which will be displayed in command prompt window after completion of the command. Read This file to understand that what program in your system is consuming more power and degrading the performance. Fix the Problem to Increase battery life time of laptop.
To save power, make your computer do less in general:
- Enable power saver mode.
- Don’t use a screensaver. They’re unnecessary on modern displays and will drain your battery to do nothing useful when your display could be off and saving power.
- Run fewer programs in the background.
- Reduce CPU usage.
- Avoid maxing out your RAM.