WinRAR is a trialware file archiver utility for Windows. It can create archives in RAR or ZIP file formats, and unpack numerous archive file formats. There is an Android app called “RAR for Android”, and command-line versions called “RAR” and “UNRAR” (widely released since autumn of 1993), available for Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, Windows console mode, and MS-DOS.
- Packing (creation) of RAR or ZIP archives.
- Unpacking of ACE, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, EXE, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA, RAR, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z, ZIP, ZIPX, 7z, 001 (split) archives.
- Checksum (integrity) verification for ACE, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, GZ, BZIP2, RAR, XZ, ZIP and 7z archives.
- Multithreaded CPU compression and decompression.
When creating RAR archives:
- Support for maximum file size of 16 EiB (264 bytes) minus 1.
- Compression dictionary from 1 MiB to 1 GiB (limited to 256 MiB on 32-bit Windows, however 32-bit Windows still can decompress archives with 1 GiB dictionary). Default size is 32 MiB.
- Optional 256-bit BLAKE2 file hash can replace default 32-bit CRC32 file checksum.
- Optional encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a 256-bit key.
- Optional data redundancy is provided in the form of Reed-Solomon recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing reconstruction of damaged archives (including reconstruction of entirely missed volumes).
- Optional “Quick Open Record” to open RAR files faster.
- Ability to create multi-volume (split) archives
- Ability to create self-extracting files. The self-extractor can execute commands, such as running a specified program automatically after self-extraction.
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options, such as NTFS hard and symbolic links.
- Support for maximum path length up to 2048 characters (stored in the UTF-8 format).
- Optional archive comment (stored in the UTF-8 format).
- Optional file time stamp preservation: creation, last access, high precision modification times.
- Optional files deduplication.
Provide By : Zain Khan Esafzai
Special Thanks To Hamariworld.com